If you belong to a country for which e-visa is not applicable then you would have to apply for a regular paper visa on your passport. There is a 3 step procedure for this which is as follows :
1. Fill the application form online (Click Here)
2. Submit your application with required documents at Indian Visa Application Center or at Indian Mission.
3. Collect your passport/visa from Indian Mission/Visa Application Center or by post.
Documents Required for Indian Visa
Currently the nationals of 166 countries can avail the e-visa facility for travelling to India. The E-Visa is applicable for Medical Treatment for the patient as well as the attendant. The procedure for obtaining e-visa is as follows :
1. Apply Online (Click Here). Upload the passport page and photo of yours
2. Pay E-visa fee online by credit / debit card / netbanking / payment wallet
3. Receive ETA Online Electronic Travel Authorization/ETA Will be sent to your e-mail
4. Fly To India Print ETA and present at Immigration Check Post where eVisa will be stamped on passport.
5. E-Visa has 5 sub-categories viz. e-Tourist Visa, e-Business Visa, e-Medical Visa, e-Medical Attendant Visa and e-Conference Visa. A foreigner (other than those applying for e-Conference Visa) will be allowed to club activities permitted under these categories. Foreigners applying for e-Conference visa will be permitted to club the activities permitted under e-Tourist visa only. Only two e-Medical Attendant Visas will be granted against one e-Medical Visa.
6. For e-Medical and e-Medical Attendant Applicants of the eligible countries/territories may apply online minimum 4 days in advance of the date of arrival with a window of 120 days. Example: If you are applying on 1st Sept then applicant can select arrival date from 5th Sept to 2nd Jan.
7. Recent front facing photograph with white background and photo page of Passport containing personal details like name, date of birth, nationality, expiry date etc are to be uploaded mandatorily by the applicant. Additionally one more document depending upon the e-Visa type would also be required to be uploaded. The application is liable to be rejected if the uploaded documents and photograph are not clear / as per specification.
Albania, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia. Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Union Republic, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Island, Chile, China, China- SAR Hongkong, China- SAR Macau, Colombia, Comoros, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cote d'lvoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, El Salvador, Eritrea, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger Republic, Niue Island, Norway, Oman, Palau, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Republic of Korea, Republic of Macedonia, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Christopher and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent & the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tonga, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos Island, Tuvalu, UAE, Uganda, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Uruguay, USA, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican City-Holy See, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zambia and Zimbabwe
Dr Arun Saroha is one of the best neuro and spine surgeon and is currently director Max Hospitals, Saket & Gurgaon
Dr Virk is specialized bone cancer surgeon in India and is availabe in Mohali, Punjab
Dr Sudeep Jain is a super specialized endoscopic spine and paediatric spine surgeon in Delhi, India
Dr Sandeep Vaish is the Director of Neurosurgery at Fortis Hospitals
Dr Rajgopal is the Director of the Joint Replacement Department at Medanta Medicity, Gurgaon
Dr Subhash Jangid is the Director of Joint Replacement at Fortis Memorial Hospital, Gurgaon
Dr Rajvendra Singh is one of the Finest Neurosurgeon in Rajasthan for Spine Surgery
Dr Miglani is one of the finest spine surgeons in India at Fortis Hospitals.
Dr Mukesh Jain is the leading orthopaedic surgeon in western UP at Vardhman Hospital
Dr Oberoi is the Director Joint Replacement at Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon
Dr Jain is one of the finest Knee Replacement Surgeon using Computer Navigation
Dr Jayant Arora is one of the most prolific Joint Replacement Surgeon in India
Dr Sharma is an excellent Knee Replacement Surgeon at W Hospital, Gurgaon
Dr Padman is one of the finest Knee Replacement Surgeon in the NCR Region
Dr Marya is one of the seniormost Knee Replacement Surgeon in the country.
Dr Singh Raj is one of the best Knee Replacement Surgeons in the NCR Region
Dr Tittal is one of the Best Arthroscopic Surgeons in the Country.
Dr Ramankant Agarwal is one of the Best Shoulder Joint Specialist in the country.
Dr Vikas Gupta is one of the Best Hand Surgeon in the country.
Dr Sarup is one of the Best Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgeon in the country.
Dr Yash is one of the finest non surgical specialist for Joint Pain Treatment.
Kim Brian from the Sacramento County of California, USA came to India to get Hip Replacement Surgery done. He travelled alone because he could not afford the expenses for an attendant. His surgery was done by Dr IPS Oberoi at Artemis Health Institute. Watch this video where Kim is sharing his experiences.
Mr. Mark Wisman suffered an injury to his knee while driving his pickup. For years he lived in pain and finally landed in India for Total Knee Replacement Surgery to be done by Dr. Ashok Rajgopal at Medanta Medicity. He had some interesting things to say about treatment in India specially the cost of the treatment.
Mr Mphoso got spine surgery done in Pretoria, South Africa in Dec 2016 but did not get relief from back pain. His search ended with Dr Vikas Khaturia in India who performed Revision Spine Surgery at one level and Fusion Surgery at another Level. The surgery was done in July 2017 and the delighted patient has this to say.